Cocoa butter is one of my favorite butters to use in my products. I use it in my soaps, lotions, body butters, bath bombs, and lip balms. It's a great moisturizer and most people are not allergic to it. Here are some of the top reasons why we love cocoa butter so much!
5. It is rich in antioxidants! Cocoa butter is high in stearic acid, palmitic acid, and oleic acid, which provide a layer of protection from free radicals. It is used in many anti-aging products because of the high fatty acids that are naturally in cocoa butter.
4. It provides natural aromatherapy! Because of its natural chocolate/vanilla scent, the smell is distinct and allows for a relaxing aromatherapy experience.
3. It's a natural skin healer. Having a high lipid profile, the fatty acids in cocoa butter have been shown to help a number of skin issues. Just look at some of the best selling stretch mark creams...all of them are high in cocoa butter.
2. Low allergen risk! These days, there are more and more people with allergies. Did you know that if you have a sensitivity to latex, you could also have an allergic reaction to shea butter? Allergic reactions to cocoa butter are very rare.
1. It's an excellent moisturizer! Cocoa butter melts just slightly above room temperature making it a very easy butter to work with. It doesn't have the tendency to get the "grainy" texture that shea butter and some other butters can get when working with them. It leaves a silky smooth feel on your skin that stays with you long after you have applied it.
If you want to feel just how great it works, try one of our products containing cocoa butter. One of my favorite ways to experience the silky feel of cocoa butter is in one of our luxurious bath bombs. We put shaved cocoa butter in each bomb to make your bath time extra moisturizing. What are your favorite things about cocoa butter? Did I mention that I love cocoa butter in a chocolate dessert?